Wednesday, November 30, 2011

THANKS GIVING MADNESS

Since Joe works retail the possibility of us going to be with family on Thanksgiving is slim to none, unless I decided to split the family and leave him home alone on "the day to give thanks." I don't see that happening unless retail completely takes over the retail world and he has to work, even then I love him too much to leave him.

This year we had the same plans as last year cooking a nice dinner for the four of us: however, my family decided since we cannot come to them, they are coming to us! I was super excited when I found out the news!

My sister, Heidi, her husband, Tony and their three children Kenzy (10.5), Chaz (8.5), and Caden (5) arrived on Wednesday early evening. My boys were over joyed they house went from calm to wild in minutes..no wait seconds. We had a nice visit and there was so much excited in all the kids it was fun to be with that kind of energy.

My parents arrived Thursday morning (9:30ish). Joe cooked the turkey and everyone else helped while the kids ran and played.

That night my sister and I went and stood in line at Target for the BLACK FRIDAY madness it was loads of fun. My mom came and joined us at the end. We had a good time standing in the cold. I told Kenzy about it the next morning and she thought I was CRAZY!

I explained to her we were in a LONG LINE  for two hours. There was about 200 people ahead of us and 300 behind us. At 11:58pm the line started moving slowly they let 30 people in then waited a couple seconds before more could come in and as we made the turn to the front of the store it just seemed surreal. It was super bright (we were on the side of the building and there was not a lot of light compared to the front)! There was a bunch of people waiting for the line to go in, so they could get in Target. Some had video cameras, camera phones, and others were taking pictures. It was funny people were cheering so we cheered back. Nothing like making a super long wait FUN! My mom ALWAYS says it is important to just have FUN! And, fun we had :)

No comments:

Post a Comment